Download Driving Directions
- Arrive on time. Do not arrive any earlier than your designated move-in time. You will not be allowed
to enter the parking lot. Move-in times are based on room assignments.
- Don’t arrive in a motor home, moving van, trailer or RV. Large vehicles take up too much space in our parking lots and are difficult to navigate
on narrow campus streets.
- Bring your personalized Assignment Brochure with you. You should receive it in the mail in early September. This packet includes your important
information, including your move-in time, room assignment, and a one-time-only Parking
Permit good while unloading. Note: You may only park one car at your community while
unloading, and you must move your car to long-term parking after 30 minutes.
- Check in at your Resident Services Office (RSO) to receive your room key. You will also receive a move-in inventory list, which is to be returned to the RSO.
If you do not receive your student ID (R’Card) by Move-In Day, contact UCR Card Services.
- Check out a moving cart and unload. Residents are limited to one cart. If you need a cart after Move-In Day, visit your
RSO. You may also bring your own carrier or moving cart.
- Return your move-in inventory to your RSO. Failure to return a move-in inventory on Move-In Day will imply that your room/bed
space is acceptable “as is.”
- Review your Resident Handbook to learn about your new community, and stay informed about your rights and responsibilities.
Download some helpful information to make Move-In Day a little easier:
- Essential Tips and Tricks
- Checklist of what to bring (and what you might want to leave home)
- Map to nearby shopping areas
- Attend your end-of-the-year hall/floor meeting to get your closing packet and to discuss any questions you might have regarding
closing with your Resident Advisor (RA).
- Pick up your Check-Out Envelope. If you didn’t get one at your floor/hall meeting, you can get one at your RSO. You
will need to turn in your keys to the RSO inside this envelope.
Note: You must check out no later than 24 hours after your last final. If you have a problem
scheduling your appointment, please contact your RA to make special arrangements.
- Pack (or properly dispose) of all your belongings. You will not be allowed to check out if any items are left in your room, except university
furniture and the Ethernet cable that came with the room. Make sure you take any items
you might have in common areas.
- Submit a change of address with the US Postal Service and update your address on R'Web account. Mail cannot be forwarded by the Resident Services Office (RSO).
- Drop off your keys at the RSO in your Check-Out Envelope. Your RA will inspect your room after you move out, and compare your room inventory
to what was reported at the beginning of the year. If damages are observed, charges
will be assessed at that time, and a listing of charges will be mailed to you.
View the move-out guide for the Residence Halls