The First-Generation Mentorship Program (FGMP) was put together by the Residential Life Department to assist First-Generation college students living on campus to navigate their college experience while creating a safe space for students to express themselves, receive assistance to overcome their unique challenges, and prepare them for a brighter future.
Through this program, residents will be able to:
- Connect with at least 3 campus offices/resources, faculty, students, or staff that also identify as first-generation.
- Identify successful strategies that contribute to their academic and personal success during their time at UC Riverside.
- Express their identity, perspective, and develop critical thinking skills to challenge societal norms within and outside the University setting.
Our mission for FGMP is to help First-Generation students build relationships amongst themselves, faculty, and staff through mentorship while providing opportunities for personal, professional, and academic advancement.
If you live in one of the following Residential Life communities then you are more than welcome to apply to be a part of this program:
- Lothian Residence Halls
- Pentland Hills Residence Halls
- Aberdeen-Inverness Residence Halls
- Dundee Residence Halls
- Glen Mor Campus Apartments
- Falkirk Campus Apartments
- Stonehaven Campus Apartments
- Bannockburn Campus Apartments
- Plaza Campus Apartments
- Oban Family Housing
Applications are live for the 2023-2024 school year! We encourage those of you who are looking to participate to apply today!
If you have any questions about FGMP, please reach out to Kelsey Shook for more details.