Safety | Integrity | Inclusivity | Excellence


Applications & Contracts

Applying For Housing

Assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. We recommend that you apply for on-campus housing immediately after submitting your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to UCR.

You can complete a Residence Hall Contract, submit a Campus Apartment Application, reserve Summer Housing and more on the MyHousing portal. Just click the button below.

Review the Contract Process

1. Submit SIR

After admission, submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). The SIR process is done exclusively through your MyUCR account. Once you “SIR,” you will be issued a Student ID Number and Password, which is viewed by logging into MyUCR. Identification numbers may not be available for at least three (3) business days after you SIR.

2. Review Residence Halls

There are four Residence Halls and a variety of Dining Plans to choose from. Review your options to determine the best package for you.

3. Complete Housing Contract

Starting April 1st, the Residence Hall Contract is available for Fall Quarter. Use your Student ID number to complete a contract for the Residence Halls.

4. Pay the First Payment

There is a required $270 non-refundable contract fee and $69 non-refundable Activity Fee due during submission of your Residence Hall Contract. The Residence Hall Contract cannot be submitted until both non-refundable fees are received.

5. Room and Dining Plan Selection

Students will be notified prior to June 30th about the room/roommate selection and dining plan selection process through UCR student email and through MyHousing

6. Room Assignment Confirmation

Starting September 1st, we will confirm room assignment and move-in day details through UCR student email and through MyHousing.

1. Compare On-Campus Apartments

From studio apartments to two-bedroom deluxe apartments, each Campus Apartment community offers a range of living styles and pricing. Decide what is best for you by reviewing your options.

2. Apply for a Campus Apartment

Campus Apartment applications are accepted on a year-round basis. Submit your application through the MyHousing portal.

3. Receive Housing Assignment

You will receive an email to notify you about your Housing assignment when it becomes available.

4. Pay the Required Security Deposit

When you sign a Campus Apartment contract, a $200 security deposit is required. Payment options and instructions are provided at the end of your Contract submission process.

Cancelling Your Contract

  • Terms & Conditions

    Terms & Conditions

    Before cancelling any campus Housing Contract or moving out, it is important that you review your Housing Contract and your Resident Handbook concerning financial obligations and proper procedures. Please remember that simply moving out or turning in your keys does not constitute a contract cancellation or release you from contractual obligations. There is a $75.00 processing fee for all contract cancellation requests.

    For the Residence Halls and Campus Apartments, your Housing Contract and all financial obligations related to it are effective for the entire academic year. The university is not bound to release you, and generally will not release you, from your contractual obligations for any reasons beyond the following:

    • Cancellation of admission or release from UCR student status by UCR for the remainder of the academic year. This does not include voluntarily dropping classes for any particular quarter.
    • Approval of a written request to Housing Services for the substitution of a full-time registered student who lives off-campus. It is your responsibility under contract to find an acceptable replacement.

    Subleasing: Subleasing is not permitted in Campus Apartment communities.

  • Cancel Residence Halls

    Residence Halls

    (Aberdeen-Inverness, Dundee, Lothian and Pentland Hills) 

    All requests to cancel a Residence Hall contract should be submitted through the MyHousing portal.

  • Cancel Campus Apartments

    Campus Apartments

    (Bannockburn Village, Falkirk, Glen Mor, North District, The Plaza, and Stonehaven) 

    All requests to cancel a Campus Apartments contract should be submitted through the MyHousing portal.

  • Family Housing

    Family Housing

    Oban Family Housing contracts are renewable academic-year leases that are effective on the move-in date and expire on the following June 30th. Leases can be cancelled for any reason at any time while the lease is active by submitting a Contract Cancellation Request through the MyHousing portal.

Important Things to Know

  • Extended Stay

    Extended Stay

    If you have an exceptional and verifiable need for continued housing during break periods (e.g. work, research or other valid purpose), contact your RSO no later than two weeks prior to your anticipated need. Additional documentation will be required. There will be an additional daily cost for all extended stays.

  • Pet Policy

    Pet Policy

    Pets ARE NOT permitted, except fish in a 20 gallon or less aquarium. Keeping a pet is grounds for immediate eviction.

  • Subleasing


    Subleasing is not permitted in Campus Apartment communities. Noncompliance is grounds for eviction.