Bikes, Parking & Transportation
Get a Housing Parking Permit
Residence Halls & Glen Mor
Request a Housing Permit through the Transportation Services. Permits are issued on a first-come, first-served basis for the entire academic year only.*
Residence Hall permits are:
- Valid in Big Springs Parking Structure at Glen Mor and Lothian
- Valid in Lot 21 at Pentland Hills
- Valid in non-reserved spaces anywhere on campus after 6:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and all day on weekends
*At this time, parking is unavailable to freshmen living in the Residence Halls. Please do not bring a vehicle or motorcycle to campus. The Transportation Services web site lists alternative modes of transportation on and around campus. Exceptions to this parking policy will be posted on the website during the summer.
UCR Campus Apartments
UCR Campus Apartment parking permits can be requested online through Transportation Services on a first-come, first-served basis, except for Stonehaven. Please contact the Stonehaven RSO to reserve a parking permit for Stonehaven.
Permits are available on Move-In Day at your respective community.
Housing parking spaces are limited and based on availability. Please make sure you have a parking permit before bringing your car to campus. Parking permit fees are billed quarterly to R'Web, your student business account.
UCR Campus Apartment permits are:
- Valid in a designated residential community
- Valid in non-reserved spaces anywhere on campus after 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday and all day on weekends
Permits can be requested online through Transportation Services. Each individual unit is eligible to receive two permits. Oban Family Housing Parking Permits are only valid in the Oban Family Housing community.
Family Housing permits are:
- Valid in Oban Family Housing spaces only
Motorcycles, Mopeds & Scooters
If you’re using a motorcycle, moped or scooter (motorized bikes) on campus, you must purchase a Motorcycle Permit from Transportation Services in person. Motorized bikes may not be parked or stored on sidewalks, patios, decks or in any building.
Motorcycle Permits are:
- Valid in designated motorcycle spaces
- Valid in any other parking space
Bike on Campus
Every community offers bike racks and/or bike storage. Check with your RSO for specific locations.
Pedals Bike Shop and "Do-It-Yourself" Repair Station
Located in Parking Lot 19
Contact Transportation Services for current hours
Stop by Pedals Bike Shop for:
- Parts and accessories for your bike, scooter or skateboard.
- Bike repairs at a discount price.
- Advice on how to do self-repairs
- Bike safety brochures
Keep Your Bike Safe
Follow these tips to prevent bicycle theft and to increase your chances of getting it back if stolen:
- Keep a record of the make, model, serial number and value of your bicycle.
- Register your bike and its identifiers with Transporation Services so it's easier to find if stolen.
- Use a basic bicycle on campus. Expensive, attractive bikes are targets for theft.
- Park your bicycle at bike pods or racks located in well-lit areas.
- Lock your bike using a steel “U”-shaped lock.
- Place the lock through the bicycle frame, through a wheel, and through the bike rack (99% effective when used properly).
- If you have quick-release wheels, remove the front wheel and place it next to the rear wheel, then secure. Place the key mechanism for the lock facing the ground.
- Every community offers bike racks and/or bike storage. Check with your RSO for specific locations.
- Learn more about bicycling at UCR.
Use Alternative Transportation
Ride RTA Buses for Free
Get around town without badgering your roommate for a ride. A valid R’Card is your ticket to free transportation on any Riverside Transit Agency bus. Several bus stops are located on or near campus. View RTA bus route schedules.
Sign up for Zipcar and get access to four fuel-efficient, car-sharing vehicles. Zipcars are available 24/7 and are located in reserved spaces on campus. As a UCR student, receive a discounted membership. Join Zipcar and zoom.
Visitors may obtain all-day permits at the UCR Information Kiosks. Permits are valid in visitor lots or Gold parking zones.
There are timed parking spaces located in most housing communities. Visitors may utilize these spaces for abbreviated visits. View the Pay-By-Space list and pricing.
Mobility Impaired Residents
If you have a temporary or permanent disability, get a lift anywhere on campus for free. Mobility Transport Services can pick you up from your on-campus residence and give you a ride to class.
Schedule a pick-up.
Report Theft & Vandalism
Please report any theft or vandalism that occurs in housing parking lots to UCR Police immediately at (951) 827-5222.